Underage Drinking

Many young people make choices that can have serious consequences. Timothy R. Oswalt is here to help protect your loved ones.

If you are under the age of legal limit or the parent of a minor who is charged with any drug- or alcohol-related crimes, we can help you try to resolve your case favorably and possibly erase the criminal record.  Consuming alcohol, experimenting with illegal drugs and other reckless behavior — puts them at risk of physical harm, and subjects them to legal consequences as well.

We have represented many students who have attended many high schools and colleges in North Carolina. We understand that young people make mistakes, and that they are sometimes in the wrong place at the wrong time. Our goal is to help young people learn from these mistakes while helping them minimize the consequences that could limit their futures. You don’t want a criminal record to follow you around your entire life, damage your reputation and cost you opportunities. Common crimes young people are often charged with include:

  • Underage Possession of Alcohol/Minor with Alcohol
  • Underage Consumption of Alcohol
  • Drug Possession and Sales
  • Underage Drunk Driving — Driving after Consuming Alcohol
  • All other Alcohol- and Drug-Related Crimes involving Young People

If you are facing underage alcohol- or drug-related charges, it is important to understand the law and how it may apply to you.  We welcome the opportunity to assist you and help you understand the charges you are facing.